Mowing dry grass, chainsaw use, and cutting/grinding/welding of metal are prohibited.
For detailed information, view Public Use Restriction on the Douglas Forest Protective Association website.
“The Douglas Forest Protective Association has increased the fire danger to “extreme” effective immediately on all 1.6 million acres of land protected by DFPA. The Industrial Fire Precaution Level will remain at IFPL III.”
- During extreme fire danger, the following activities listed under DFPA’s Public Use Restrictions are prohibited:
- The use of power saws for non-industrial purposes is prohibited.
- The cutting, grinding, or welding of metal for non-industrial purposes is prohibited.
- The mowing or trimming of dead or dry grass is prohibited. This restriction does not apply to the mowing of green maintained lawns, which is not restricted. The use of battery or electric powered string trimmers and the culture and harvest of agricultural crops are exempt from this requirement.
- Any non-industrial improvement or development taking place on private property that utilizes power driven machinery not specifically mentioned in DFPA’s Public Use Restrictions is prohibited.
A complete list of DFPA’s Public Use Restrictions can be found online at www.dfpa.net/public-fire-restrictions or by calling DFPA’s 24-hour information line at 541-672-0379. Residents are reminded that additional fire restrictions or closures may be in place through private industrial landowners or public land management agency on the lands they own or manage.”
- Burning the following materials is illegal any time, anywhere in Oregon:
- Asphalt or industrial waste
- Automotive parts (including frames)
- Dead animals
- Plastic and rubber products
- Waste oil, petroleum treated and related materials
- Wet garbage and food waste
- Any material creating dense smoke or noxious odors