Name of the Department
This is the Lookingglass Volunteer Fire Department (LVFD).
The LVFD meets the needs of our community by providing well-trained firefighters for response to fire, rescue, medical and public service incidents. We protect lives, property, and the environment with compassion and a dedication to excellence. We meet or exceed the requirements of local, state and national statutes and standards related to the Fire Service. Our conduct will reflect our commitment to safety, honesty, personal responsibility, fairness, respectfulness and integrity. We recognize that the most effective way to protect lives and property is to prevent fires from occurring through fire prevention and education.
Lookingglass Rural Fire District is manned entirely by well-trained, dedicated volunteers and we can always use more. Volunteers must be 18 or older and live within the district. Volunteers attend drill one night per week (currently Thursdays at 7pm). Firefighter certification requires completing an 81 hour class on structural fire suppression. Interested volunteers can take additional training to get certification for various levels of medical responder.
Current Training Schedule:
This schedule is subject to change.
- From 08/26/2020 to end of day of 11/08/2020, the listed Training (except the LPG Live Fire Regional School) will be conducted at the Burn-to-House at 3060 Happy Valley Rd.
- August 27 – Advancing Hose Lines.
- August 28 – Roseburg Police ERT will be Training.
- September 3 – Advancing Hose Lines.
- September 10 – Tactical Ventilation.
- September 17 – LPG Refresher.
- September 19 – Extra: Host Regional LPG School. Cancelled
- September 24 – Search & Rescue.
- October 1 – Fire Attack.
- October 8 – MayDay/Evacuation/RIT/PAS/ PAR.
- October 10 – Extra Open House / Red Cross – Smoke Detectors.
- October 15 – Water Supply.
- October 22 – Shoring.
- October 29 – Putting It All Together Evolution.
We currently have 19 active volunteers, of which 6 are officers, 7 are firefighters and/or medical first responders, and 6 are firefighter trainees.
To learn more, or to add your name to our list of volunteers, please call the fire station.
Lookingglass Firefighter Explorer Program
Lookingglass Fire department has started a firefighter explorer academy. Teens ages 14-18 are encouraged to participate. Currently, we have 4 explorers.
For more information, check out their Facebook page.
Slideshows of Volunteers
Click on any of the buttons, below, to open a slideshow.
2020 Cruise for a Cause
2019 Extrication Class
2019 REACH Helicopter Training
2019 LPG Joint Live Fire Training
2018 Windmill Inn Training
2016 and 2018 Fireblast Training
2017 School BBQ Honors Firefighters
2016 Hazmat Training
2015 MVA Training
2013, 2014, and 2015 Parades
2013 and 2014 Xmas Giving
2013 Propane Fire Training