Name of the Department
This is the Lookingglass Volunteer Fire Department (LVFD).
The LVFD meets the needs of our community by providing well-trained firefighters for response to fire, rescue, medical and public service incidents. We protect lives, property, and the environment with compassion and a dedication to excellence. We meet or exceed the requirements of local, state and national statutes and standards related to the Fire Service. Our conduct will reflect our commitment to safety, honesty, personal responsibility, fairness, respectfulness and integrity. We recognize that the most effective way to protect lives and property is to prevent fires from occurring through fire prevention and education.
Lookingglass Rural Fire District is manned entirely by well-trained, dedicated volunteers and we can always use more. Volunteers must be 18 or older and live within the district. Volunteers attend drill one night per week (currently Thursdays at 7pm). Firefighter certification requires completing an 81 hour class on structural fire suppression. Interested volunteers can take additional training to get certification for various levels of medical responder.
Current Training Schedule:
This schedule is subject to change.
- July 29 — 3008, TPE for Driver: T-1 Driving Course; T-2 Drivers Road Test.
- August 5 — ems/emr: cpr – Code.
- August 12 — 3008, TPE for Driver: T-1 Driving Course; T-2 Drivers Road Test.
- August 19 — CH11 Fireground Operations (Early Start).
- August 26 — Haz-Mat Awareness Review.
- September 2 — Safety Committee Meeting/Inspection, Apparatus Checks, & Officers Meeting.
- September 9 — TPE skills review-evolutions / DCFD#2.
- September 11 — EXTRA 9-1-1 Twin Towers 20th Anniversary 343 FF’s Lost.
- September 16 — EMS/EMR.
- September 23 — LPG Refresher.
- September 25 — LPG Refresher.
- September 30 — Pizza / DOT Emergency Response Guidebook ???; Mobile Generator at Grange.
We have 18 volunteers actively maintaining certifications and training. This includes 4 Emergency Medical Technicians, and 7 Oregon Emergency Medical Responders as medical staff.
To learn more, or to add your name to our list of volunteers, please call the fire station.
Lookingglass Firefighter Explorer Program
Our Fire Explorer program continued in 2021, and 2 Explorers are registered and working towards the State FF 1 certification. Our program is no longer affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America, and is now self-administered according to the National Volunteer Firefighter cadet program guidelines.
For more information, check out their Facebook page.
Slideshows of Volunteers
Click on any of the buttons, below, to open a slideshow.
2020 Cruise for a Cause
2019 Extrication Class
2019 REACH Helicopter Training
2019 LPG Joint Live Fire Training
2018 Windmill Inn Training
2016 and 2018 Fireblast Training
2017 School BBQ Honors Firefighters
2016 Hazmat Training
2015 MVA Training
2013, 2014, and 2015 Parades
2013 and 2014 Xmas Giving
2013 Propane Fire Training